Select your category
Please read the rules and check that your images are eligible.
Then read the content of this page - at the bottom of the page you will find the image upload area.
Image sizes for uploading
- Uploaded images should be in jpeg file format at resolution 72dpi. The maximum file size for uploaded images is 1 Mb at 72dpi (this will be lower than the original image size and resolution). We recommend a maximum size of 1500 pixels along the longest side.
- For all categories except Smart Shot, the ORIGINAL images (not the files you upload) must be high enough resolution to be printed at 30cm x 25cm (a minimum of 3600 pixels along longest length) at 300dpi.
- Scanned images - if you have shot your images on negative or transparency and then scanned them, you can still upload them for any category except Smart Shot.
A reminder re digital manipulation: You may use digital manipulation to optimise an image, and you may crop an image but you are not permitted to add or remove key elements of the composition. Brightness, contrast, colour balance can all be adjusted. Dust spots and minor elements etc. can be retouched. Images can be sharpened before printing. Manipulations which could realistically be achieved in a darkroom will be accepted but the judges have the discretion to reject any image which has been, in their opinion, over-manipulated, removing the integrity of the original image. Composite or montaged images, from more than one original image are not eligible - this includes images shot at different exposures/dynamic ranges and combined. Images stitched to form a panoramic image will be accepted provided that the entrant declares, at the time of submission, that the final image has been produced in this way. Multiple exposure 'in camera' is permitted. Entrants who are shortlisted will be required to provide the original image file (RAW or jpeg as shot) along with the print and high resolution version of their image for final judging. By submitting your entry you are confirming that your image/s are eligible under our digital manipulation rules. If they are subsequently discovered not to be, they will be disqualified.
Once you are ready to proceed, login to online entry, select the first category you wish to enter below and upload your image/s.
'Invalid file type' message?
If you try to upload an image and receive this message, please check that you are uploading a jpeg file and please check the file size - the most likely problem is that the file is bigger than 1Mb and bigger than 1500px along its longest edge. If you are uploading a file of the correct size and format and still have problems, please email us.
Image caption/location information
You must complete this information for each image that you upload.
Submit and enter again/Submit and review entries
Once you have completed the caption and location details for a single image entry or for all the images in a portfolio, you will then be presented with two options in green boxes - either to submit your entry and review entries or to submit those images and enter again (either the same category or another one). Important - you won't see those two 'submit' option boxes until you have put information in the caption and location boxes for each image you have uploaded.
Reviewing entries, payment and completing your entry
- On the review entry page you'll be able to see the images you have just uploaded, change any images or captions and delete any that you wish not to enter into the awards.
- Once you are happy with everything, please click to confirm that you accept our terms and conditions and that the copyright of the images you are submitting belongs to you, then click 'Pay Now' to proceed to payment.
- You have not entered the awards until you have completed the payment process.
- Young TPOTY category entries only - this category is free to enter, so, although you don't have anything to pay please click the 'Pay Now' button to proceed to payment (this confirms your entries in our system) but you don't need to login to PayPal of course!
Please login or register
To enter the TPOTY competition you need to have an account with us, please use the green button in the top right of the page to login, or register.