- Posted by Chris Coe
- On 28th September 2019
- 0 Comments
This is going to be a fantastic trip…
Join renowned photographer and founder of the Travel Photographer of the Year awards Chris Coe on this thrilling 11-day Namibian safari adventure with WILDFOOT Travel.
Whether you’re a photography beginner or an expert, this exciting journey through the diverse landscapes of this incredible country will offer you the chance to capture some of the iconic sights that make Namibia one of the most enchanting wildlife destinations in the world.
Throughout the tour you will receive group and one-on-one tuition from Chris and, from the stunning sand dunes of Sossusvlei to the wildlife-rich Etosha National Park, the photography opportunities will be endless.
Staying in high-end accommodation throughout and travelling in a small group with a maximum of 12 passengers, this excellent itinerary in the company of an experienced, knowledgeable and personable guide will be sure to fill both your senses and your camera.
- Travel in the company of renowned travel photographer Chris Coe and expert Namibian guides
- Group and individual photography tuition
- The chance to perfect your wildlife photography
- Discover a wide diversity of landscapes across this beautiful country
- Get up close to a huge variety of wildlife including lions, cheetah, elephants, leopards, zebras, wildebeest, rhinos and much more
- Visit enchanting areas including Sossusvlei, Etosha National Park and Swakopmund
- Stay at Okonjima, home of the world famous Africat foundation
- Full range of activities including game drives, nature walks, dune climbs
- Take a catamaran cruise on Walvis Bay, watching out for dolphins, whales, turtles and pelicans
- Excellent birding including many endemic species
- Full board accommodation in beautiful lodges
- Transport in air-conditioned luxury safari vehicles
You’ll stay in some fabulous lodges:
Okonjima Bush Camp – Home of the AfriCat Foundation, Okonjima is a wonderful safari destination that is just waiting to be explored, with the chance to see Namibia’s big cats and other carnivores as well as learn about their conservation. This luxury bush camp consists of 8 thatched, African-style chalets which offer a very high level of luxury and comfort for guests to enjoy after a long day of exploring this remarkable area.
River Crossing Lodge, Windhoek – Nestled amongst the foothills of the Auas Mountains, just east of Namibia’s capital city of Windhoek, the beautiful River Crossing Lodge is surrounded by 6,500ha of private game reserve. The traditional farm-style German architecture makes the most of the striking views on offer, and the lodge’s pristine areas provide the perfect blend of authenticity and modern amenities.
Dead Valley Lodge, Sossusvlei – This fantastic newly opened lodge is situated inside the Namib Naukluft Park, in-between Sesriem and Elim Dune on the road leading to the world-famous Dead Valley at Sossusvlei. Featuring striking design and luxurious, yet authentic, accommodation, the open-plan lodge offers panoramic views across the towering red sand dunes and rugged mountains of the Namib Desert.
Desert Breeze Lodge, Swakopmund – The spectacular location of this unique, colourful and surprising lodge makes it one of the area’s most sought after accommodations. At this distinctive lodge, huge basalt sculptures stand guard over the creatively styled luxury bungalows with their prime position above the Swakop River amongst a striking desert landscape.
Anderssons at Ongava, Etosha NP – Anderssons at Ongava is situated within the private Ongava Game Reserve which borders onto the National Park. This fantastic lodge’s ideal location is matched only by its style; it’s a seriously luxurious and exclusive safari destination. The only fenced property on the reserve, the lodge features a fantastic sunken hide overlooking a busy waterhole and a delightful infinity swimming pool where elephants have their own separate drinking trough.
Avani Hotel & Casino, Windhoek – Towering above Namibia’s unique capital city, this four-star luxury hotel in the heart of Windhoek is simply the perfect base from which to finish off or begin your Namibian safari adventure. Sit back and relax with an exotic cocktail overlooking the Windhoek metropolis on the glamourous rooftop terrace…
- International flights London to Windhoek and return
- Full board accommodation throughout with all meals and local beverages
- Transport throughout in luxury air-conditioned safari vehicles
- Registered and experienced English speaking guides
- Excursions and entrance fees as stipulated in itinerary
- Airport transfers
- Game drives as described in itinerary
All participants also receive £100 worth of books, cards and/or mini prints from the Travel Photographer of the Year shop.
From £7368 per person to include return flights from London to Windhoek. Those wishing to book their own flights separately can take £900 off the shown price.
Shared same gender spaces are available at no extra charge. Supplement for solo travellers requiring their own private room is £644.
THIS TRIP IS BOOKED THROUGH WILDFOOT TRAVEL. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS VERY SPECIAL PHOTOGRAPHIC ADVENTURE.
WILDFOOT Travel was born out of Arctic and Antarctica Bound, an organisation established for 25 years, where the dedicated team of wildlife and adventure specialists had the urge to expand their horizons beyond the Polar regions to encompass other spectacular parts of the world where those seeking out of the ordinary travel experiences wish to travel. As a company, WILDFOOT is dedicated to wildlife conservation and the protection of the environment.