Join us on one of our unforgettable four to 14 day photo adventures
A dream trip to… Namibia
25th April to 6th May 2022
We’re delighted to announce that TPOTY founder Chris Coe will be leading a very special 12-day safari adventure in Namibia with WILDFOOT Travel.
Whether you’re a photography beginner or an expert, this exciting journey through the diverse landscapes of this incredible country will offer you the chance to capture some of the iconic sights that make Namibia one of the most enchanting wildlife destinations in the world.
Throughout the tour you will receive group and one-on-one tuition from Chris and, from the stunning sand dunes of Sossusvlei to the wildlife-rich Etosha National Park and the night skies of Quivertree, the photography opportunities will be endless.
Staying in high-end accommodation throughout and travelling in a small group with a maximum of 7 passengers, this excellent itinerary in the company of an experienced, knowledgeable and personable guide will be sure to fill both your senses and your camera.
- Travel in the company of renowned travel photographer Chris Coe and expert Namibian guides
- Group and individual photography tuition
- Travel with one of Namibia’s most reputable and well-known naturalist guides.
- The chance to perfect your wildlife, landscape and lowlight photography
- Discover a wide diversity of landscapes and wildlife across this beautiful country
- Get up close to a huge variety of wildlife including lions, cheetah, elephants, leopards, zebras, wildebeest, rhinos and much more
- Photograph the stark silhouettes of quiver trees against the incredible Namibian night sky, with more stars than you’ve probably ever seen
- Climb some of the world’s highest free-standing sand dunes at Sossusvlei and experience the stark beauty of Deadvlei, with stunning landscape photography opportunities
- Explore the historic and scenic coastal town of Swakopmund
- Stay at Okonjima, home of the world famous Africat foundation – a cheetah conservation centre
- Discover the richness of diversity of Etosha National Park’s flora and fauna
- Excellent birding including many endemic species
- Full board accommodation in beautiful lodges
- Transport in air-conditioned luxury safari vehicles
You’ll stay in some fabulous lodges:
Okonjima Bush Camp – Home of the AfriCat Foundation, Okonjima is a wonderful safari destination that is just waiting to be explored, with the chance to see Namibia’s big cats and other carnivores as well as learn about their conservation. This luxury bush camp consists of eight thatched, African-style chalets which offer a very high level of luxury and comfort for guests to enjoy after a long day of exploring this remarkable area.
River Crossing Lodge, Windhoek – Nestled amongst the foothills of the Auas Mountains, just east of Namibia’s capital city of Windhoek, the beautiful River Crossing Lodge is surrounded by 6,500ha of private game reserve. The traditional farm-style German architecture makes the most of the striking views on offer, and the lodge’s pristine areas provide the perfect blend of authenticity and modern amenities.
Dead Valley Lodge, Sossusvlei – This fantastic newly opened lodge is situated inside the Namib Naukluft Park, in-between Sesriem and Elim Dune on the road leading to the world-famous Dead Valley at Sossusvlei. Featuring striking design and luxurious, yet authentic, accommodation, the open-plan lodge offers panoramic views across the towering red sand dunes and rugged mountains of the Namib Desert.
Strand Hotel, Swakopmund – This beautiful and impeccably stylish hotel boasts a prime location on the well-known “Mole” beachfront, a historic and iconic site surrounded by ocean on three sides, with direct access to the main beach in town. On the fourth side, it backs up to the town’s beautiful central park, through which it is a short five minute walk to the historic centre of this charming, German, Victorian era colonial seaside town, with all its shops, cafés, restaurants and bars. With its own extensive, unique and creatively entertaining Restaurants, Bars, Deli, Lobby-Lounge, Sea Facing Terraces, Beach Kiosk and state of the art Conference & Banqueting Center, the Strand Hotel is a social epicentre and destination in itself for all visitors to and residents of Swakopmund.
Anderssons at Ongava, Etosha NP – Anderssons at Ongava is situated within the private Ongava Game Reserve which borders onto the National Park. This fantastic lodge’s ideal location is matched only by its style; it’s a seriously luxurious and exclusive safari destination. The only fenced property on the reserve, the lodge features a fantastic sunken hide overlooking a busy waterhole and a delightful infinity swimming pool where elephants have their own separate drinking trough.
This trip is booked through WILDFOOT TRAVEL. CLICK HERE to learn more about this very special photographic adventure.
All images provided by WILDFOOT Travel