MOUNTAINS & COAST, MUSIC & 'CRAIC'
The Wild Atlantic Coast of Mayo & Galway - Autumn (5th to 10th/11th October 2019)
- 6 days in Ireland in Autumn
- Optional extra day
- Stunning coastal seascapes & wild mountain landscapes
- Mists & moody skies
- Photographer level - Any
- Photo tuition from TPOTY founder Chris Coe
- Irish pubs and traditional music session
- Clew Bay boat trip amongst the islands to photograph the seals and birds now added as an optional extra
The west coast of Ireland offers stunning scenery and a warm welcome. Spend six days/five nights enjoying the beauty, charm and splendour that is Ireland in the autumn - with expert tuition and guiding from founder of Travel Photographer of the Year, Chris Coe, and hugely experienced guide and renowned Irish musician, Olcan Masterson.
The Emerald Isle is waiting to welcome you as the west coast landscape of Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way softens in preparation for winter, taking on its autumnal colours and the mists descend across Clews Bay and Ireland's holy mountain, Croagh Patrick. It's a time of change and no two days are the same. This changing, moody light creates a myriad of photographic opportunities.
We'll be based in Westport, County Mayo and take in some spectacular locations, from Achill Island and Nephin Beg, north of Westport, to Connemara in County Galway further south. Travel to County Mayo, Ireland is easy and the standard of living is high. Accommodation and service is of a high standard, with the odd Irish quirk thrown in for the fun of it!
Olcan lives in this part of Ireland, and Chris photographs calendars, guide books and books of Ireland, so between them they know all the best places to go and things to see, whether that's on or off the beaten track as you get under the skin of this very special place.
Time is essential in exploring this part of Ireland and Chris and Olcan's intimate knowledge of it means you'll discover the hidden gems as well as the big landscapes. As an additional treat we'll take in the some Irish pubs and traditional music sessions, which you can just enjoy or photograph as well..
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT
- How to get the most from your camera and lenses.
- Reading and understanding light & how to control it.
- Composition & how to add impact to your images.
- Exposure & how to meter light accurately.
- Understanding and using filters.
- Low light photography.
- Photographing the landscape, people, details, abstracts and wildlife. B&W photography.
This tour will be tutored by professional photographer and founder of travel Photographer of the Year awards, Chris Coe. Chris has been a professional photographer for 26 years. He is also the author of several books on photography. His photography has taken him all over the world on commissioned work and stock shoots, photographing using both film and digital cameras, in every format from 35mm to large format, including panoramics. Chris has photographic experience of shooting everything from landscapes to people, travel to architecture and abstracts to wildlife images. For the past 15 years Chris has spent extended periods in Ireland, shooting a calendar that features a photo a day - so he has remarkable, in-depth knowledge of the country and its photographic opportunities.
Olcan Masterson is an internationally renowned Irish musician who plays all around the world. He is also a keen photographer and has been leading photographic tours in the west of Ireland for 20 years.
Our tutors are there for you and not to take their own photographs, even if it means them missing a great shot. They'll only take their own pictures when you don't need help with yours!
5th to 10th October 2019. Optional extra day on 11th October.
INCLUDED IN THE TOUR PRICE
- Accommodation (5 or 6 nights) and breakfast at the 4* Westport Coast Hotel at Westport Harbour with no single supplement
- Transfers to and from Knock airport
- Group tuition and one-to-one tuition by Chris Coe
- Photography assistance & story telling by Olcan Masterson
- 6 or 7 days to photograph the mountains and coast of Mayo and Galway
- Free time for your own photography or to take excursions
The tour price, including all of the above, from £890*
* Extra night £130 per person inc. hotel
* Clew Bay boat trip to islands and seal colony - £50
Each participant also receives £50 worth of books, cards or mini prints from Travel Photographer of the Year.
Not included: flights, meals not shown, travel insurance, optional excursions, luggage handling, gratuities. Minimum six participants.
|FOR FURTHER DETAILS|
The trip is organised by Photo Iconic. Flights must be booked separately.
Tel: +44 (0) 7594 820182
PHOTO TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Small group, max 8 people
- Tutor & Guide
- Learn composition
- Photograph landscapes, wildlife, people, details
- Unhurried itinerary
- Feedback on your images
- Glorious locations
- Music session
Price from: £890
"Everything about the course was first class from your extensive expertise, Olcan's knowledge of the area and, of course, the stunning scenery. Even the inclement weather could not mar the enjoyment and beauty of the area and in fact, in many ways, enhanced our photographic experience. And we haven't even touched on the camaraderie, laughter and the great Guinness. So thank you once again for your unwavering patience to two budding amateur photographers." JANE TINSLEY