How to enter
Please read the information below, as it tells you how to enter the awards. If you have any queries, please check our FAQs page, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us - we're here to help! And don't forget, if you'd like to see previous winners of the awards, or you'd just like to immerse yourself in some stunning travel images for a few minutes, check our our winners' galleries!
FIRST CHOOSE YOUR CATEGORIES: The TPOTY 2019 awards have the following categories and awards:
- Three Portfolio categories (4 images per portfolio) - the themes are 'Endangered Planet', 'Oceans, Seas, Lakes, Rivers' and 'People & Cultures'
- An 8 image Travel Portfolio category, 'The Art of Travel'
- Three One Shot categories - ‘Dusk to Dawn’, ‘Ocean, Seas, Rivers, Lakes’, ‘Street Life’
- Special Award - TAPSA Travel Documentaries
- Smart Shot category 'iTravelled'
- Young Travel Photographer of the Year award (for ages 18 and under, with two different age groups)
- Award for the overall winner - the Travel Photographer of the Year 2019. By submitting two or more ‘Portfolio’ entries in 'Endangered Planet', 'Oceans, Seas, Lakes, Rivers' and 'People & Cultures' or by entering the 'The Art of Travel' category, you will automatically be eligible for the top award and title ‘Travel Photographer of the Year’.
See our 2019 Entry Categories page for full information on the categories and prizes.
READ THE RULES AND CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY: The rules contain vital information on eligibility. It's your responsibility to ensure that your images are eligible.
SELECT YOUR IMAGES: Photographers don't always choose their best images. You'll find lots of useful information to help you with Selecting Your Images. This will also guide you on what the judges look for.
TO ENTER ONLINE: You will need to register with us and then login in and upload your images. You can find the information on entering online here. The form you complete when you register and submit your images counts as your entry form, and you will be taken to the online payment system once you have completed your entry.
TO ENTER PRINTS: If you would like to submit your images as prints, please click here. Here you will find details of how to present, submit and pay for print entries, and a link to the downloadable entry form.
- Young Travel Photographer of the Year - entry is free of charge
- The Portfolio Categories 'Endangered Planet', 'Oceans, Seas, Lakes, Rivers' 'People & Cultures' (4 images) - £18 per portfolio entry
- 'The Art Travel' Portfolio Category (8 images) - £30 per portfolio entry
- TAPSA Travel Documentaries (5-10 images) - £10 per entry
- One Shot categories ‘Dusk to Dawn’, ‘Ocean, Seas, Rivers, Lakes’, ‘Street Life’ - £10 per single image entry
- Smart Shot iTravelled - £8 per single image entry
All categories can be entered multiple times. Each entry in a category will require a separate entry fee.
The final round of judging requires the shortlisted finalists to provide prints. All finalists will be asked to provide prints by 20th November 2019, along with the original/RAW files of their shortlisted images plus high-res files of the shortlisted images. If you are selected as a finalist, you can organise your own printing or use the service set up by TPOTY with Genesis Imaging, and will be given full details when finalists are notified.